- UK Hip Hop Dance Championships
February 27, 2016 - February 28, 2016
10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Portsmouth February 27-28, 2016
New opportunities for participation
We are excited to introduce our brand new series of inspiring regional events with a new concept for Hip Hop International
We are not just looking for advanced dance groups to represent the UK at World Championship. We are building a new platform. We are looking to create future champions so we are throwing the doors wide open for:
- Unique groups with their own special flavour
- Individual dancers wanting to express themselves
- Anyone looking to learn new skills and improve their dancing
and, of course,
Anyone looking to have a lot of fun.
Hip Hop International UK is now OPEN for more than 6 different categories offering the following opportunities:
- Get more Trophies and Awards from one of the most prestigious dance brands in the world (up to 5 places in each category)
- Become Champion of your region
- Qualify for UK Hip Hop Dance Championship 2016 with a chance to skip the prelims!
- Earn points for National Best Dance School Award (see the details here)
- Gain more experience while getting ready to take on the world;
- Have a lot of fun at after parties, workshops, crazy dance battles and more
For more detail on categories click here
Better Value Overall with All Inclusive Entry Fees
Now everything is included. It’s just one flat fee for participants (spectators, even cheaper). Easy, smooth and fulfilling! Enter as many categories and divisions as you want… no additional charge!!!
Please note: We reserve the right to combine or split divisions if needed
Choreographed Group Dances
- unFORMAT – any style of dance: hip hop theater, ballet, jazz, contemporary, ethnic, etc.
- Kids Teams: from 5 – 14 participants
- Beginners Teams: from 5 – 14 participants
- Intermediate Teams: 5 – 14 participants
- Advanced Crews: 5-8 participants in the u13, u18 and adult categories
- MegaCrews: from 15 – 40 participants
Battles, Solos, and Duos
- 2v2 All Styles
- 1v1 Popping
- 1v1 Locking
- 1v1 Hip Hop
- Solos kids, beginners, and intermediate divisions* Subject to enrolment
- Duos kids, beginners, and intermediate divisions* Subject to enrolment
Awards and trophies up to the first 5 places in each Crew / Team / MegaCrew category.
Advanced Battlers/Teams will get £150 for 1st place and £50 for second per person. IMPORTANT: Cash prize is available only for this battles categories with 16 or more dancers/teams battling
All other battles / jam categories will be awarded our exclusive HHI Medals or plaques plus regional and national bragging rights.
Nation’s Best Dance School Award:
We are very excited to announce a brand new UK Best Dance School Award, which will be granted to the most active, talented, and successful dance studio in Great Britain based on earned scores for participation, e.g. for the number of people participating, competition results, etc.
We established this Award because very often just crew members and dancers are recognized or appreciated. The important people who helped the dancers to achieve success (dance teachers, choreographers, dance schools, dance companies) stay in the shadow. To prepare not just one, but several crews and/or battlers is a very hard work. We want to recognize those dance studios, dance teachers, dance companies, and choreographers who get great results.
Venue: Mountbatten Leisure Centre